10 years ago
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Halloween, trick no treat!
Halloween this year was not good for us. For a couple of weeks Kennedy, had been choking more than usual. She has an enlarged tosil on her left side, so we thought it had just become irritated. Well the week of Halloween, she started coughing and had some trouble swallowing. Thursday morning, she woke-up grumpy and whinny. So we checked her temperature and it was 102.6. So no school that day. Gave her Tylenol and that did not even touch the fever. So called the pedi, and brought her in. Strep-throat. 10 day regimen of anti-biotic, parents know the usual routine. Unfortunately, she was still sick on Friday...Halloween night. No trick-or-treating for her. Cinderella had to miss the ball. Not to mention her school's party. We had signed up to bring something for the party and since it was not fair to not bring the treats for the other kids, I dropped the items off at her school. When I walked in, I noticed a sign stating that a child had been diagnosed with Strep. I thought Tanya has called the school and let them know about Kennedy. When I met Kennedy's teacher and she asked about Kennedy, I asked if the note was not because of Kennedy. I was informed that another child had been diagnosed the day before. But we did leave Kennedy's pumpkin bag that her aunt Florence had given her so that she could collect the treats from the party. Anyway, it was the worst we had ever seen Kennedy. She is better now and enjoying life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment