As many of you read in a prior posting, Kennedy was ill for Halloween and was not able to participate in the festivities. As such, her mother and I finally broke down a bought a pumpkin that was to be turned into a Jack-o-lantern. Actually, we bought two, more on that later. Since Kennedy is not a big fan of the "yucky stuff", daddy got to use his hands and whatever large spooning device he could find to remove the stringy parts.
Kennedy did help by drawing the template for the face. As you can see from the pictures below, they were just a little smaller than what we needed. So I was very liberal with my following of the lines. The larger pumpkin came out great and Kennedy loved it. Then came the little pumpkin.
As you can see from the photos, I did use a power tool to make the face on the small pumpkin. I highly recommend it to all parents. There is nothing that saves time than a power drill and some large bits. I think it came out pretty well.
So, we had jack-o-lanterns on our porch for Thanksgiving, big deal, Kennedy was happy and that as we all know is the only that that matters in this world.
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment