This week the weather has been more cooperative than it has been. As such Kennedy was looking forward to "water day" at preschool. It is a day when they get to wear their bathing suits and play in the sprinklers and slide on the water slide. Unfortunately, the lawn care workers ran over the deflated slide with the lawn mower. Talk about disappointment. So Bill our neighbor across the road has a pool and we help with the maintenance and occasionally feed Bill. He is a bachelor of 59 and doesn't do much in the way of cooking. He is a good friend though and we all get along great. Anyway, he lets us use the pool whenever we have the opportunity. So with the weather cooperating and the "water day" festivities on hold, we went to the pool. Kennedy loves to swim and float on the "floaty thing". She can even hold her breath under water...(she pinches her nose and barely puts her lips and nose in the water before darting back upright)...we're so proud. Yesterday was a big day for her, using just her arm floats, she swam in the shallow end holding my fingers, but still. I think she will be a fish and love the water. I hope, I hope, I hope.
Tonight the girls are starting to get ready to go to Kennedy's cousin Lanie's Birthday party. It's this weekend. They are also supposed to go by and tell "Mike the Tiger" "hello!" for Daddy. It will be her first time seeing the real tiger up close. I will be saying home this weekend. Repairing things around the house and trying to get a grip of the yard. With so much rain lately, the grass is growing like wild fire. Stay tuned for pictures from the weekend.

She's leaving the steps...

She's serving food from the poolside bar
The "underwater" breath hold
Post "underwater" breath hold
No comments:
Post a Comment