Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hold on Tight. Here we Go.

OK it has been a while since I last updated the blog. So, you should be outside enjoying the summer and spending time with your family and friends and not just checking the blog for updates. Plus, we have been crazy busy this summer. June 18, 2009. The Circus. This was Kennedy's and my first time to the circus. I think. I seem to have a memory of attending something on the small side of a circus. But anyway, nothing like this. This was the best show i have ever seen. Tanya, just kept watching saying "that's dangerous", pretty much for everything. Kennedy had a great time, watching the clowns and other acrobatic acts. The cage of doom was so cool. 7 motorcycles in a 15ft diameter cage, "WOW". The show was great and we all had a good time and slept really well that night.



June 25th, Another Bday.
This time it was for one of Tanya's and my good friends and neighbor Bill Hart. He was turning 60 and his sons are spread all over the place so, we (meaning ourselves and some of the other neighbors) decided to throw him a surprise party. So I asked if it would be alright if I cooked for him at his house. He said fine, so that night I showed up with some Jambalaya and drinks, then at the same time, the rest of the neighbors began showing up with other dishes. He was really surprised and thankful. He said it was the largest birthday party he has ever had. I think we did a good thing for him. He is so nice to everyone, he lets everyone share his pool and his house has become a gathering place for friends and neighbors. What a great guy.

July 4, Fireworks
Spent a quiet day at home, grilled as is the norm around here. Later that night we went watch the fireworks at a local sports complex. Kennedy was not scared at all. She normally does not like the "boom". But she and i played with the laser pointer and flashlight so she seemed to have fun. Plus she got some cool new dresses for the occasion.



July, Multiple dates.
OK, a friend of ours has taken it upon himself to teach Kennedy to swim. She freaks when I try to teach her, but he and his mother were both swim instructors so I figured it couldn't hurt. She is doing great and is swimming all on her own. She has even gone off the diving board. We meet at Bill's pool every Tuesday and Thursday, weather permitting. But in just three weeks she has gone from terrified to begging to go. She is really doing well and Mr. Clint thinks she is a natural. Must take after me. Considering Tanya doesn't like the shower splashing in her face.



July 11, Blue Angels
For those of you familiar with the area you know Pensacola beach is only 1 hour away from Daphne Alabama. Unless it is the weekend the Blue angels fly for the Beach Air Show. Then it suddenly becomes a 4 hour and 45 minute trek. But we made it. This was a lot different than the last time Tanya and Kennedy tried to make to the beach air show. Last year I think 4 people were struck by lightning and there was major damage done by a devastating summer storm. They spent 9 hours is the car and never saw a single plane. Tanya's aunt Norma and Uncle Carl were in town for a wedding and wanted to see the show so they followed us there. Thanks guys, we had a great time with y'all. Hope you all didn't burn like we did. Anyway, the day was great and the show was completely AWESOME!!!. When we got to the island, we were among the other 210,000 other people who came in on the island that day. We heard the parking lots were fulled and many had already closed. We had some "friends" staying at the Hilton and thought we could catch up with them. So I was to drop Tanya and Kennedy off with the cooler and supplies then go find a parking spot. Expecting it to be at at least 1 mile or more away. When we pulled into the parking area of the hotel, the girl asked if we were guest, i said not but we were trying to meet friends here. She asked for the last name and Tanya told her, she gave us a parking pass and we parked 50 ft. from the beach. Couldn't have planned that if I wanted to. So anyway, we set up our Beach umbrellas and cracked open a cold one or six. Best weekend this summer yet. Thanks to Carl and Norma and Roland and Charissee Soignet. You made it great. P.S. Roland and Charissee don't know how much they helped us. Hope they stay there next year. P.S.S Tanya thought about getting a hotel room for next year, for two nights at one of the beach front hotels the total bill would be $972.00. I think I'll just spend the $1 toll and drive in next year s well.



OK people, I think that is it. Now get back to your lives and quit being nosey.

No comments: